Riley and Fairview Churches Children and Youth Ministry Internship
As a part of an initiative to encourage students to engage in a theological exploration of vocation, the Riley and Fairview Presbyterian Churches (PCUSA) are offering a $3000 scholarship in the area of children and youth ministry and programming.
Funds to be dispersed at $1,000 per semester (Fall, Spring, Summer). Commitment to the full year is not required. As availability necessitates, the internship may be offered to one or more individuals, serving one, two, or all three semesters.
A portion of this internship will be devoted to theological reflection on the intern’s sense of vocation on a regular basis, as part of the Lilly Endowment, Inc.’s “Campus Ministry Theological Exploration of Vocation Initiative.”
Supervision and ministerial guidance will be provided by Sue Garver, Melinda Sinn and Rev. Erich Schwartz from Riley/Fairview Churches, David Wood, Ecumenical Campus Ministry (ECM) at Kansas State University’s Director of Vocational Exploration and Outreach, and David Jones, ECM Campus Pastor.
Verification/documentation can be provided for community service or internship hours if needed.
Approximately 100 hours/semester, including travel time. Intern(s) will provide their own transportation to and from Riley/Fairview churches.
• Provide leadership for the weekly After School program, Wednesday during the school year, including Bible study, spiritual development, and craft activities
• Provide leadership establishing a monthly junior high youth group program
• Provide leadership in the continued development of programming for preschool children
• Provide children’s sermons in Sunday worship on a semi-regular basis determined by the intern and supervisors
• Provide leadership for fundraising activities for youth programs.
• Serve as a counselor for the 2015 summer church day camp program (dates TBD: usually June)
Applicants should send a resume and letter of interest to David Wood, ECM Director of Vocational Exploration and Outreach
Application deadline is 5:00pm Tuesday, September 2, 2014 with the successful candidate beginning the internship on Wednesday, September 10, 2014.